Preparing Electronic Files for Printing
Specifications for Artwork Supplied as PDF Files
- Export file as press ready PDF Acrobat 5.0 or higher in CMYK not RGB.
- All process colors must be marked for process, not spot color.
- 100% scale, 1-up on “single page” option, never in spreads, no crop marks.
- Ensure black text is black, not 4 color process. For rich black backgrounds use C=30%, M=30%, Y=30%, K=100%.
- Please ensure that all images are 300 dpi, grayscale or CMYK, no RGB.
- Bleeds: 1/8" bleed, be sure to include bleed in all PDF files. Documents must be built at final size (i.e.: 8.5" x 11", 6" x 9", etc.) with the object extended 1/8" past the page boundaries and exported with bleed.
- Margins: If an element is not bleeding, it should not be closer than 1/4" to the trim.
Screen colors are never accurate; please check your CMYK or Pantone (PMS) specifications. Any files received in any other color format (i.e.: RGB, Lab, HSB) will still be printed and may not reproduce as to your expectations.
Proof Files Before Sending
Please proof carefully before providing files. All type corrections should be made before the printer receives the files. Low-resolution PDF files will be provided to the customer for a final proof, paper proofs are also provided.
Please feel free to send a test file prior to printing to check for any problems.
Exporting Document Files
If you plan to have us export your document file, you must supply the document and all fonts and links with the above specifications for photo and art files. The following software is accepted:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- MS Publisher - prefer an exported PDF file
- MS Word - prefer an exported PDF file